I accidentally left my laptop, Tinkerbell, turned-on while I went to work today. Some pesky program didn’t ‘end’ after I’d boinged the ‘Shutdown’ button and confirmed YES it is shutdown that I want to do…. then left Tinkerbell assuming she would actually SHUTDOWN.
Tonight I found the yellow plastic on the end of my power-cable had MELTED into Tinkerbell’s socket and her battery completely drained. I had to use
- FORCE to pull the cable from Tinkerbell.
- a KNIFE to scrape the burnt melted plastic from the connector.
Now Tinkerbell is happily cool and battery charging. That one pesky program could have cost-me a Tinkerbell replacement if the melted connection hadn’t worked with a little jiggery-pokery. I loath pesky programs. Grrrrr……
ZAP pesky programs DEAD