Blonde in car: (smiles and blushes)
Wendy: leant into the driver-side car window and wrapped my left arm around her ‘thankyou so much’
No prizes for guessing what happened to me in my rented car….
I discovered that:
- A Chevy Cobra can go about 40 miles (20 of them coasting downhill) on an ‘empty’ fuel tank, while flashing all sorts of lights at the driver.
- I can tolerate an empty tank without panicking for about 20 miles.
- 0 out of 10 American SUV drivers surveyed carry a spare couple of gallons in a container in their boot ‘just incase’.
- the Park Rangers don’t all have either a cell or radio-phone.
- people love to help a gal in trouble but aren’t too sharp on varied innovative solution routes.
- I feel like I need to ask people permission to hug them in the US, unlike the UK where a good dose of hugging all round happens at the drop of a hat and especially on soccer pitches.