circa 1895 Wendyhouse preparation for habitation
Initial repair and maintenance costs will be based on a full structural survey, local and environmental searches, drainage and sewerage reports and finally builders work estimates. Builder estimates will include:
- Replace Kitchen roof: new slate, new pitch, increased overhang.
- Damp-proof-course protection: add the standard building regulation gulley around the conservatory and front of the house, add vertical damp-proof course at the each of the 3 junctions where a garden wall meets the House walls, and internal injection damp-proofing the wall between the kitchen and the hall cupboard.
- Insulation improvements: Increase insulation quilt thickness to 250mm over horizontal ceilings & use high performance insulation slabs or the loft access hatch and over sloping ceilings.
- Replace missing slates on main roof.
- Install humidity sensitive extractor fans in kitchen and bathroom.
A new Wendy House on the horizon, with a new Kitchen roof, it’s all very exciting… …I’ll have a cup of tea while I re-read the survey bacause that’s my idea of fun….