no knickers necessary

tags: , , , ,

The travel company has provided a trip dossier that includes a very specific pre-holiday check-list on what to pack!   Useful and appealing to my listophilia:

• Passport (with photocopies)   ü
  • Travel insurance (with photocopies) ü
  • Airline tickets (with photocopies)
  • Euros and travellers cheques ü
  • Credit or debit card (see personal spending money) ü
  • G.A.P Adventures vouchers, pre-departure information and dossier ü
  • Any entry visas or vaccination certificates required ü
  • Camera and film ü
  • Reading/writing material üüüü
  • Cover or plastic bags for backpacks ü
  • Flashlight ü
  • Windproof/waterproof jacket/rain poncho ü
  • Small towel and swim wear ü
  • Warm sweater ü
  • 4 shirts/t-shirts üü
  • Sunhat  Ã¼Ã¼Ã¼Ã¼
  • 2 pair of shorts ü
  • 1 pair of long trousersü
  • 1 pair hiking pants/track pants ü
  • Hiking boots/sturdy walking shoes (for shore excursions) ü
  • Sport shoes with light colored soles/sport sandals (while on board) ü
  • Biking gloves (if you wish to participate in sailing – optional) ü
  • Sunblock ü
  • Sunglasses  Ã¼Ã¼Ã¼Ã¼
  • Toiletries (biodegradable) ü
  • Flashlight ü
  • Watch or alarm clock ü
  • Water bottle ü
  • Pocketknife û
  • Snorkeling gear (optional) û
  • First-aid kit (should contain lip salve, Aspirin, Band Aids, anti-histamine, any extra prescription drugs you may be taking). ü

I’m a tad concerned about the lack of underwear and nightwear worn by  my fellow passengers, self,  and the skipper.  Publically displayed  jiggly-bits can  put one off one’s beer or book.    The lack of  ‘dressing’ requirements for evenings in the Taverna, or Temple visiting, is also a tiny disappointment.   Luckily for the male guests there  are no requirements to bring skirts or dresses.  All the listed gear fits into this holdall with space to spare,  for  an unlisted  skirt, underwear, binoculars  and possibly a pretty dress.     I’m still waiting for my promised paper airline ticket to arrive…

no knickers necessary

6 bits of lovely banter on “no knickers necessary”

1. Sarah's Dad writes:

I see they list flashlight twice. You might check if they have onboard lighting.

2. Stephen king writes:

Can I sugest the above site that might assist with both wendy’s modesty and kindness to the enviroment.

3. Laura writes:

I find making packing lists and ticking off the items when I pack them so enjoyable, and a good way for me to distract myself from the thought that I am going to have to fly in a plane soon! The travel company seem very organised (or possibly they don’t trust their customers) to provide you with one. Happy holidays Wendy.

4. Thurstan writes:

I would be cautious about the contents of the first aid kit to avoid problems at customs over importing drugs! (Oh and don’t forget to take a copy of the prescription for any prescription drugs.)

Knickers definitely necessary, the following is from the FCO advice “Indecent behaviour, including mooning, is not tolerated. The police have made it clear that they will not hesitate to arrest those who do it. You should be aware that the courts impose heavy fines or prison sentences on people who behave indecently.”

5. :: Wendy :: writes:

Using swimwear and shorts as underwear has solved the decency challenge.

I’m still over budget with 4 pairs of spectacles (2 sun & 2 normal)

A reduction in the number of sunhats from 5 to 4 has been achieved with this stlyish slate-blue cotton gaberdine creation: Hat #17:  Slate-blue cotton gabardine holiday hat!

6. ArthurT writes:

4 pairs of spectacles are the key to sucess. You may be underbudget. No pantaloons? Is that called Ummm… Britney Style?