smells like rain

tags: , , , ,

wendy: smells like rain

my colleage looks outside the window at the blue sky, looks back at me, raises a single eyebrow slowly then  the edges of her mouth swing out while her lips furl from her teeth revealing the cheekiest of grins.

wendy: I know, it sounds a bit bonkers, but this room just does smell like rain to me, can you smell it?

colleague: no (laughs, then, about a minute later)  OH MY GOD. WENDY! Look out the window, its raining!

A cloud above the building that we couldn’t see was dumnping its load with avengance, rain against blue skys. To me the smell was overwhelming and kinda sexy.  Apparantly the other people in the room couldn’t smell the rain through the building walls.

On planet wendy we not only smell the future coming we often hear then trip-over it too.

smells like rain

10 bits of lovely banter on “smells like rain”

1. Paul G. writes:

I smell rain, too… Dark clouds, the tension, the anticipation…. and when it hits, it’s just such a release – you were right, you were vindicated, and going out and soaking in it is so stress-relieving…

2. Happy Frog and I writes:

I wish I could do that! I only know rain is coming because my knees start hurting – I’m such an old woman!

Wow! I smell the rain coming, you feel it coming, we are superheros without the lycra bodysuits (thank heavens!)!

3. Madame Defarge writes:

I love the smell of rain. Except when it’s damp dog. That’s not good.

4. Pearl writes:

Oh, I really like having stumbled in here! That was delightful.

Pearl

thanks for dropping by and the kind words Pearl, I have fond memories of the people in Minnesota

5. Happy Frog and I writes:

With you on the lyrca, however my cousin said last weekend that my boots reminded him of superhero boots which made my entire Sunday to be honest!

I suspect that your hats add superhero qualities too

6. Kevin writes:

We have plenty of practice at learning how to smell the rain about ten minutes before its started. We still get wet, mind.

I like the way people just get on with being wet here in the uk. Yesterday I saw and old couple and some teens dancing in the street to a jazz band. Excellent atmosphere. Rain, band and dancers briefly caught in this video: