How to get rid of an unused program on Windows 7 Starter
- I clicked on the ‘control panel’
- Under ‘adjust your computers settings I clicked on ‘uninstall program’
- I chose Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 from the list
- I clicked uninstall program
- But windows doesn’t want to accept this action without further confirmation, I might not mean it, this might be an accident, do I REALLY want to uninstall this program?
- I clicked on the ‘yes’ button with extra force to demonstrate my certainty.
Large and bold, that’s how I felt. That’s what I wanted the button to say. This was no accidental uninstall.
I wonder how often people do accidentally select something to uninstall, click ‘No’ on this dialog. If it is a genuine problem then fixing should happen before this point, improve the users ability to select the program initially, more information with larger clickable target rather than questioning the users ability to be ‘sure’.
This reminded me of the XP shut down process where you have to choose shutdown at least 2 times before it will actually do what you’ve asked, and only then if some programs haven’t objected to your wishes. Luckily Windows 7 Starter simply shuts down when I ask
Shutdown Control Hoorah!