replacing the ray bans
By taking my favourite five pairs of glasses into 5 different high street opticians to get quotes for updating the prescription lenses, I learned that:
- It’s all about selling more frames. Getting 2 new frames (Boots 2 for the price of 1 offer) is almost always cheaper than replacing lenses in my existing frames. We’ve got some frames a bit like some of yours, why not get some new ones? I like my frames
- Red is not an available tint. Would you like pink instead? Do I look like someone who wears pink?
- Graduated tint colours are not offered. Nice frames, very unusual, where did you get these Seattle
- Anti-reflective coating only comes with a green-blue finish, not orange-red like my current finish. You can hardly see the green, I don’t see what the problem is. You’re not succeeding in selling it to me
- Opticians are not willing to put prescriptian lenses in wrap-around frames. Don’t you get headaches from wearing these? No headaches
I’m going to try and find some independent opticians to see whether they are more able to customise orders.