raising a smile

tags: , , ,

quaint street in FromeOn the way to the wedding I took a rest break in the cute town of ‘Frome’ pronounced Froooooooom sounds like vroooooom

As I walked down the aptly named ‘Stoney Street’ a lady wearing a pink tailored jacket, a flared skirt and 2 inch heal court shoes looked at my kilt, covered her mouth with her hand,  smiled then turned her face away from me. I suspect that was a full laugh out loud

Bringing such a smile to people’s faces felt good, I raised my shoulders and accentuated the swing of my hips to highlight the swing of the kilt

In every small street shop that I went into someone remarked on my kilt, with a big smile on their face. Mostly they said really nice things

When clothes that I like bring a smile to other peoples face and encourage them to say nice things to me, I know I’m onto a winner

The kilt stays, it may even get a partner….

8 bits of lovely banter on “raising a smile”

1. Kay Guest writes:

“A kilt with a lilt”, I like it!
    Something tells me you had sensible shoes on the stoney street, am I right?
    Just go your own merry way through life and don’t worry about anyone else, that is what I say. 🙂

Hi kay, love your poem! My sensible shoes were my shiny read kansas hoppers with a Royal Stewart (red) tartan kilt
    ticket to Kansas

Kay Guest writes

Oh my goodness, I would love those red shoes. I KNEW they would be sensible! I would call these shoes “Mary Janes”. And thanks for showing the photo.

Kay, I stand by my original diagnosis – you are psychic! And I might take on a new psuedonym ‘Sensible wendy’. I call them my kansas hoppers because they will take me there if I click the heals. Everyone should have a pair of magic shiny red shoes!
    “Mary Janes” is a new description to me, wikipedia describes all, and makes a lot of sense. I think they are the same in the UK, just not commonly called that…

2. James Sutherland writes:

Unusual but nice to see a kilt out and about in England! Not so sure about a partner for it though; unlike a trouser, kilts are usually best worn individually…

Hi James, I was thinking in terms of ‘summer kilt’ lightwieght material then save up for a winter kilt in real wool they would hang together in the closet between wearings.

3. B-u-x writes:

A PINK tailored jacket, a FLARED skirt and 2 INCH HEELED COURTS….sounds to me like that lady had absolutely no f-roooooooomm to talk when it comes to fashion!

Bx

Hi Bux! She did look distinctively ‘middle aged’ to me, where-as my outfit would have looked equally cute on a toddler or a pensioner (with size adjustments), a girl or a boy. Fun, if a little sensible in the shoe and sporran department 😉 – but I am sensible, its part of my charm. Sensible wendy!