tautological text

tags: , ,

I uninstalled chrome and all it’s components but apparantly this has left some unresponsive scripts that Mozilla kindly warns me about.

Unresponsive x 2An unresponsive script warning is  not responding

I have no idea what this message really means or the implications of my choice.  I wish it would go away rather than repeatedly popping up after my laptop has snoozed, then unresponding in a ‘get in the way’ tone. It’s a passive aggressive sort of dialog. Using its unresponsiveness to get in the way of my doing what I want to.

Pish and Tush

tautological text

6 bits of lovely banter on “tautological text”

I thought it was just me who got this message… but I don’t use chrome…

I’m completely baffled by the whole thing, I’ve tried using windows search to find the file but it denies the file is on my computer so I don’t know what to do. Sigh

3. James Sutherland writes:

That isn’t actually a Chrome component – in this context, ‘chrome’ is the user interface part of Mozilla/Firefox (or, in this case, Thunderbird?), nothing to do with Chrome the rival web browser. In this case, the bit which displays the list of folders, which can often get confused by corrupted mail storage following a crash. Have you checked you’re running the latest version?

Thunderbird automatically updates – that process seems to work ok. I get all sorts of unresponsive scripts when I wake-up my laptop in the morning…. c’est la vie… something programmers need to sort out – not me

4. ExpatEgghead writes:

I would love to help. I felt a strong desire to make things work better. Alas, I am only a software engineer, a natural geek and I can’t even fix my own car. I hang my head in shame.

good to know there are people somewhere trying to fix stuff at a generic level rather than troublshoot mu individually irritating quirks…