accidental tourist

tags: , , , , , , , ,

1.00pm 13th August

Riding along, following my instructor, I drove too fast into a bend and ended up punching the curb. Not a good move.

A conscientious paramedic was on the scene within 10 minutes followed by 2 police cars because this was a Road Traffic Accident (RTA).

The police apologised for breathalising me. I was being way too sensible to be drunk. Not even a hint of last night’s glass of wine was hanging around.

Instructor: you should call your partner, get ‘em to pick you up from the hospital

wendy: I’m on holiday alone, I don’t have a partner and my family all live on the west coast, so there’s no-one nearby to call. I’ll be able to find a bus to get me out of hospital

accidental tourist
6 votes rating 2.5

8 bits of lovely banter on “accidental tourist”

1. James Sutherland writes:

Ouch! I do hope everything’s OK now?

I crashed once, years ago – second hand car, slightly lacking in the brake department. I got breathalysed too – mandatory after any accident, apparently. Nobody hurt, though I’ve barely driven since (the car was a write-off and I never replaced it).

Hiya James, everything is mending slowly…

No, no, no… when on own, this sort of situation warrants a licenced taxi cab to take you door to door. You have suffered enough not to endure a bus ride.

Hiya Scarlet, there was no local door for a Taxi cab to go to. The YHA was a bit far Arundel) my PJ’s are still there until I send them a stamped-addressed envelope. …

3. B-u-x writes:

Oh Wendy, Miss Scarlet is quite right!

I’m so glad you were not too badly hurt and can continue to amuse us with your wonderful blog posts!

Bx

thanks Bux! it’s going to get rough before it gets better…. just a warning…. I can throw in a cheerful mountain post at any point… w x

4. Kay G. writes:

Crikey, Wendy, hope you doing okay!
    Am I going to have to come over there and be your MAMA and tell you to be careful!!
    MIND HOW YOU GO.

And I would normally never say ***** but that is my security word, so ***** it is.

P.S. I am doing a giveaway, visit my blog and leave a comment. Looks like you could use something positive to happen to you.

Hiya Kay, doing ok and listening to my mama’s, all of them, a little accident like this brings tham out with thier home baking. Yummy!