BONKERS price matching
- Windows 7 laptop – with hardware that meets with windows 8 requirements
- Intel i5 processor as minimum - I want fast
- Something pretty – not chunky but doesn’t need to be too small as long as it’s light enough not to pull my shoulder muscles
- Find a way to take an image of the Windows 7 drive then use the free upgrade to Windows 8 and take an image of that. Try it out and go with my preferred image.
- Ask for the Google Nexus 7 tablet as a birthday or christmas pressie.
I LOVE my plan.
Gosh, I’ve gone and gotten all happy and I haven’t even spent a penny yet!
I know which of the in-store laptops were most appealing and an online search found that even the manufacturers refurbished version was £200 more than the instore model I’d seen, and that was BEFORE the £150 cash-back trade-in on my ‘old’ laptop.
All the online versions were not only more expensive, they were quoting a 3 week delivery period, what’s up with that?! Walking out of a store with a laptop under my arm is the cheapest and quickest option! Thomas and I roll up at PC world who are selling the Acer Aspire 3 for near £200 less than thier ‘Currys’ store. Oddly, Currys had a price match promise – but why buy more expensive and have to claim the money back in a price match within the same company – BONKERS!