unpackaging pleasure

tags: , ,

the box the phone arrived in slide open the box - the phone! 2 boxes under the phone charger,cable & earphones Blutooth pairing and connectig - easy! Bluetooth contact transfer - ZOOM who are these people?

I’m loving the colourful and smooth experience of unpacking my Nokia Lumia 800.¬† I’ve unpacked it and repacked it several times.

It came pre-powered-up, quickly (Bluetooth) paired with my old phone and ‘people’ transferred. Yummy! When the new SIM arrived my classic self used it to make some phone calls! I wonder where all the¬†anonymous people in the phonebook came from….

wendy: I love my new phone, it works!

Apple fanboy: Only a Microsoft user would feel that way just because it worked

unpackaging pleasure
1 vote rating 5

7 bits of lovely banter on “unpackaging pleasure”

I am tempted. I especially like gadgets that work.

gadgets that work, sexy.

3. ExpatEgghead writes:

I agree with him and feel for you. ‘anonymous people’ turning up though seems to redefine the meaning of ‘works’.

Expat, I assumed that was some quirky compatibility thing with my Android phonebook, I’d rather see unnamed people and delete them then have the system make assumptions about my contacts. So it wasn’t a perfect compatibility experience but darn good and I was able to make decisions on all the unnamed contacts.

5. Jack writes:

Can’t imagine where the creative genius for this packaging came from…

Nokia have an in-house creative team lead by Axel Meyer working on the packaging

They promote their reduction of packaging for ‘affordable’ products. Given the amount of unnecessary, yet pleasing, packaging for the Lumia I suspect they don’t classify it as affordable

Jack writes

The best part is, this was made internally by MS http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EUXnJraKM3k