a tailored experience

tags: , ,

I’ve been hankering after a bespoke tailored suit. Inspired by icons like Katherine Hepburn, Marlene Dietrich, Patti Smith, Annie Lennox, Ellen DeGeneres.

Marlene Dietrich wearing Coco Chanel    annie-lennox1

I’ve never been on a salary that would make buying one an easy part of budgeting, and I’ve never prioritised saving-up to pay for the luxury. Until now.

When I booked a consultation with a tailor the booking confirmation email included the opportunity to be a ‘Mystery Shopper’. I couldn’t resist. They provided me with a detailed evaluation form. The form helped to set my expectations about what happens during the consultation. I’ll be a more well behaved customer. Probably.

a tailored experience
7 votes rating 4.57

6 bits of lovely banter on “a tailored experience”

1. Indigo Roth writes:

Hey Wendy! Sounds great! There was a wonderful, but sadly short lived fashion in the Nineties for ladies to wear a trouser suit with a frock coat. I loved it. I can’t wait to see what your tailor comes up with . Indigo x

I love frock coats too. Will post photographs of the different fittings – design stages. If the tailor matches my design brief I’ll be very happy…

2. ExpatEgghead writes:

Evaluation form? Your readers can only wonder at the questions. One sample please.

Example questions, which were all good questions for this service:
    7.d) Did you enjoy your appointment? (Please state your reasons at the end of the report)
    8.b) Did you leave feeling that you had been given expert care and attention?

3. ExpatEgghead writes:

There was me thinking of potential questions:

12 a: Did you ever have a desire to lead in Cabaret on stage?
    12 b: Is cross dressing a hobby or a lifestyle?

15 l Jackets can be cut long to accommodate garter belts and stockings. Please detail length options.

17 f . Trouser pockets are optional. Please indicate your choice.

the ‘Stylist’ did laugh when I told him I was a closet cross-dresser and I loved wearing my kilt in public because people thought it as a girl’s kilt but it was really a mans kilt.