cinderella cupboard complete

tags: , , , ,

cupboard complete!A little space in my entrance hall is aching for a cupboard. I carried a tape-measure in my pocket for 5 years, diligently measuring every small cupboard I encountered. Like Goldilocks uncovering non-conformity problems:

• Too tall – block the hall window light
  • Too deep – block the kitchen door opening
  • Too wide – block the front door opening

I learned to see ‘wrong size’ at a distance, I stopped measuring and hope gradually dwindled. The space in my hall gradually attracted stacks of practical boxes. As I walked by them I thought ‘crazy box woman’ and sighed. I suspect I’m not alone in feeling a disproportionate pleasure from finding durable, functional, beautiful home storage solutions.

Then while off to buy some food I walked passed this in a shop window display.

It looked right. I got excited as I slipped out my tape-measure to check I wasn’t fantasizing. Yes! It fits just right. It’s sturdy, the colour compliments the room. Purchase made, delivery arranged. What I didn’t check was whether it was self assembly or not, but that’s another 4 hour story….

cinderella cupboard complete
4 votes rating 4.8

6 bits of lovely banter on “cinderella cupboard complete”

1. Indigo Roth writes:

It looks perfect Wendy. Sometimes patience and diligence gets the job done unexpectedly. Indigo

Ta! the delight at the end result has certainly outweighed the wait and self-assembly annoyance. The unexpectedly long journey probably helps me appreciate it even more.

2. ExpatEgghead writes:

Impatience… self assembly or loving carried in by a troupe of diligent elderly men with brown coats who carefully put it into place, occasionally producing a cloth from the pocket to give it a last wipe to remove any speck of dust or handprints, carefully checking the swing of the doors, tut-tutting , digging out a screwdriver to make that last careful adjustment. Teas and biscuits later, they depart leaving you with a warm glow.

Oh yes, thst’s what I wanted, even got some Jaffa cakes in ready…

3. Ms Quotes writes:

And now I am the only crazy box woman left alive….
    Qx

I’ve saved the boxes especially for you…