sudden storms with high winds and flooding

tags: , , ,

Lamp and Wing Mirror on Bridge in rainy traffic jamAfter 6 weeks

Sometimes I don’t cry on short car journeys.

The real crying has started, home alone, listening to music while cleaning the house. The sort of crying that splatters the inside of  your spectacles, a thunderous downpour without windscreen wipers inside of my spectacles. Needing a big hanky to clean the streams of mess. Temporary disabled in a sudden storm. It feels like some form of progress.

sudden storms with high winds and flooding
2 votes rating 5

6 bits of lovely banter on “sudden storms with high winds and flooding”

Old tunes have induced fits of crying in me recently…. trouble is music can strike you anywhere.

It’s the tone of the music, not the lyric or relationship that seems to hit me. If the mood is sad, I cry, even thought the lyric or content has no relationship to dad…

2. Simon writes:

Grief is wierd.
    Mum died 4 years ago – cancer, bit of a blessing really, and she’d been missing Dad for 20 years and wanted ‘to go’. Sad, but not unexpected. 6 weeks later Little Brother dropped dead (49 years old) without any warning. That was a real shocker. For various reasons I wasn’t able to… react? process? whatever. Looking out for the rest of the family and work and clearing out LB’s flat and so on got in the way.

It’s only in the last 6 months that I’ve found myself thinking of either or both of them and feeling sad and sometimes leaking a bit. Wish I’d got it all out earlier and could remember them happily now, as I do with Dad.

All the best –

Thanks for your message Simon. I believe with time these things work themselves out. But the sadness is tiring. Look after yourself and those around you 🙂

3. ExpatEgghead writes:

I wish there was something could wipe away your tears.

I’ve got these splendid large white monogrammed hankies from Jackson’s store, they do an excellent job for now, time will do the rest