weight loss not dietry driven

tags:

Dad’s death, a friend’s psychosis,  a new job, and an international relocation all add up to a ‘diet’ and I can tell without reference to bathroom scales

Trousers bought to fit in March 2012 now slide down over my waist and hips. Without a belt they head for the ground with predictable, slow, determination. Rings that once fit on my 3rd finger now sit comfortable on my middle and first fingers. My watch which once pinched the flesh on my wrist now slides over my Ulna base and rides around like a carousel. It no longer steadily sits facing outward. It rides up and down and round and round. My cheek bones are once more visible in a manner that looks, to me, slightly unhealthily as-if I’ve had plastic surgery to enhance them.

It seems I’m loosing weight

My eating habits haven’t changed

Who knows what will happen once I’ve ‘settled’ in Minneapolis….

weight loss not dietry driven
4 votes rating 4.75

6 bits of lovely banter on “weight loss not dietry driven”

1. JamesNT writes:

You have friends that believe in you and you believe in yourself. You shall emerge all the stronger.

Speaking of friends, I do hope you are still in communication with my programming god, Raymond Chen.

JamesNT

Raymond and I are still in touch though for many good reasons we don’t enjoy the deep conversations we used to before I left Seattle. His Facebook postings are hilarious and clearly not for public consumption. I miss him, and friends like him who ‘talk back’ with attitude, humour and an open listening frame of mind.

3. Indigo Roth writes:

Hey Wendy! Fear not! Arterial schlerotic food and drinks will save you! Indigo

4. Kay G. writes:

I should think a winter in Minneapolis will put some weight on you. I hear it gets pretty cold there. although, I can’t say for sure, I have only been as far north as Kentucky!

5. Sarah writes:

I’ve lost 5 lbs since I started my job…I’m getting a lot less sleep so chalking the weight loss up to just net more calories burned…

Yes, I’m able to sleep all night, but my waking hours lack the meditative, contemplative times I used to indulge myself in so excess energy consumption seems a likely cause…