The Avenue is about to get ripped-up and resurfaced. It’s an old bumpy and pot-holed road so this is good. But it’s caused a big kerfuffle amongst residents because of a combination of things including
- No residents road access during the 4 days that the road will be repaired
- Residents given only 3 working days notice of the works
- Some residents have building works, on their house, scheduled to coincide with the road-works. Builders are busy in the summer and rescheduling is difficult, especially if the building works were in preparation for your daughter wedding…
- Several businesses have customer parking that is only accessible via the avenue. These businesses weren’t warned of the work because their address is for their front doors on another road and the council didn’t notice their business access via the Avenue
- The road-markings will be redrawn exactly where they were – which was often in rather silly places. the council isn’t taking the opportunity to re-align the lines that mark driveways with actual driveways. How silly is that?!
I met a huddle of about 6 highway workers having a round of tea this morning. Very nice chatty people. I feel like they’re the only ones in the whole organisational chain that have shown any good common sense, but they’re not planning to put the markings in the right place around my drive….yet….